Philosophy Cafe Aberdeenshire - Volunteer Role
Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, the purpose of this volunteer role is to assist in the running of Philosophy Cafes within Aberdeenshire. The volunteer will be required to assist the Board to provide a local service through promotional activities and attendance at local events. The time commitment can be flexible to suit the volunteer and the needs of the service. Due to the volunteer not undertaking regulated work with Children or Protected Adults, the role does not legally require a Disclosure Scotland check to be undertaken.
- Assist with promotional activities eg distributing posters, word of mouth publicity etc
- Make and serve tea/coffee to participants and welcome them to the cafe.
- Engage with small groups to encourage discussion of the topics.
- Attend and assist with evening or daytime Philosophy Cafe sessions in local venues or local schools.
- Occasionally assist with website and Facebook updates.
- Occasionally assist with travel arrangements to various venues.
Abilities, Skills and Qualifications
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to work in a wider team.
- ICT skills, or an interest in developing these skills.
The purpose of this document is to indicate the general tasks involved and not to form an exhaustive list of detailed activities. The above tasks will develop in line with the volunteering role and experience gained.
Pre-volunteering checks that are required include obtaining a reference and a proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK (acceptable proof includes passport, birth certificate or any other document listed on Home Office website). An offer of volunteering by the Philosophy Cafe Board will be subject to the outcome of these checks being satisfactory.
For more information: contact [email protected]